If you missed it I started my Invisalign journey… again. I wrote a post on Things You Need To Know Before Getting Invisalign and one of those things is how important it is to clean them. Aligners can require more maintenance than normal but it’s important to have a routine in place to avoid things like bad breath, bacteria build-up, and more.
Here’s how I clean my aligners:
Soak in a cleaning solution
Soaking in a cleaning solution not only cleans your Invisalign but can remove any possible bacteria that may have built up. I soak my aligner with anti-bacterial tablets twice a day (morning and night).
Brush Your Teeth Thoroughly
Brushing your teeth thoroughly is a sure way to make sure your aligners stay clean. You want to make sure you properly brush your teeth and floss. It’s important that you have clean teeth to put your aligners in. Making sure your teeth are clean is not only a way to practice good hygiene, but it can also reduce the chances of bacteria forming in your aligners.
Things to know about cleaning your aligners:
- Avoid using hot water because it can damage your aligners.
- Try to brush your teeth after every meal to ensure that you are putting clean teeth in your aligners.
- Keep your Invisalign in a case when you’re not cleaning or wearing them to avoid bacteria build-up.
- Avoid using toothpaste, the ingredients may damage your aligners.
- If you choose to use soap to clean your aligner be mindful of the taste and color. Some colors can stain your aligners.
- Rinse your aligners with warm water whenever you remove them. This will stop bacteria from leaving any film on your trays.
What To Buy For Your Invisalign:
- Denture cleaner or another type of cleaning solution
- Dental floss
- Travel-size toothbrush
- Travel-size toothpaste
- Travel-size mouthwash
Watch my video below to see how I clean my aligners and what products I use: